How To Use And Maintain The Dishwasher?
With great use, equipped with modern features to meet the needs of effective cleaning of dirty dishes, pots, and pans, washing dishes by hand also has many advantages compared to washing by hand. Dishwashing is increasingly popular and used in many families. However, how to use and maintain the dishwasher? Not everyone knows how to store and use the dishwasher properly.
Using the dishwasher correctly, on the one hand, helps improve the efficiency of equipment to ensure the quality of work; on the other hand, it also helps ensure safety, protect equipment, and protect users. As a result, you can save energy and costs contributing to an improved quality of life.
1. Steps to use the dishwasher
To make the machine work more efficiently, more safely.
Step 1: Adjust the height of the shelves in the dishwasher.
To create more space when in use, you should adjust the height of the shelves before putting items. The size of the shelves in the dishwasher is usually adjustable in three levels. You can customize the height of the shelves so that you can arrange your belongings most conveniently. Before pushing into the machine, remember to double-check the rack, make sure the two sides are the same height, or you will not be able to close the door, or the spray arms will not have water.
Step 2: Remove leftovers and place items in the dishwasher rack.
To avoid clogging the drain pipe and the dishwasher to work more efficiently, saving time, water, and electricity consumption during the entire washing cycle before putting any items inside the washing machine, remove all leftovers. However, you do not necessarily need to rinse the utensils before placing them in the machine because the product removes leftover food.
To ensure safe operation and optimal washing performance, arrange the items neatly so that they do not interfere with the rotation of the spray arms. Utensils must face down or lie on their side in the same direction; you should place curved and dented knives at an angle to drain. Typically, dishwashers usually have 2 or 3 shelves inside the washing tub; you can arrange items as follows:
+ Lower compartment: For large objects such as pots, pans, bowls, large plates. It would be best if you put large bowls and dishes facing the direction of the dishwasher’s nozzle to be washed clean.
+ Upper compartment: You can put small plates, mugs, cups of water in this compartment.
+ Top case: Chopsticks, small cups, spoons. For items such as knives, scissors, and sharp objects, arrange them in a separate tray. Arrange the fork facing up, the blade facing down, the spoon alternately up and down!
Step 3: Check dishwashing salt, specialized washing soaps
Usually, using a dishwasher requires at least two types: water softener, salt, and bleach; besides, you can use more rinse aid if you need to. Depending on the number, soiling of the utensils to be washed, you should use the appropriate amount of detergent suitable according to the instructions for use included on the package. Dishwashers have a separate box for you to pour liquid or tablet detergent.
After running the detergent in, be sure to close the lid tightly. If the water you are using is hard, you must add salt; adding salt will also enhance the sterilization ability of the machine. To increase the drying performance of the device, you should use a rinse aid.
Step 4: Choose a wash program
Depending on the volume and dirtiness of the dishes, the source of the water used, you choose the appropriate washing program to wash and then press the start button to let the machine start working for you.
To increase efficiency, you can choose to add special functions in addition to the main parts, such as:
– Time Display: Displays the end time of the program.
– Eco forecast: Displays power and water consumption.
– Tone Volume: Sound signal the end of the wash program.
– Childproof lock: Prevent children from opening the door while the machine is in operation.
– VarioSpeedPlus: The time-saving wash function can shorten the washing time depending on the selected wash program, with the same amount of water and power consumption.
– HaflLoad: If you only wash a small number of items, choose this program to help save electricity, water, washing time, and detergent amount.
– IntensiveZone: This function allows you to wash filthy items in the lower compartment and more minor dirty things in the upper case at the same time.
– Extra dry: When using this function, the chamber temperature is increased and prolonged during the drying process to ensure drier items. However, the power consumption will increase slightly.
Step 5: Take the item out of the machine
When the program ends, do not rush to remove the utensils from the machine. If you choose high-temperature drying to disinfect or dry utensils, let the items cool down and then remove them from the device to avoid burns. However, you should pay attention not to leave the dishwasher door closed all the time after washing; if you do not plan to store the dishes right away, you should leave the door ajar for about 20 minutes so that steam can escape.
If you do not, the moisture cannot escape and will condense on the dishes. When taking out items from the machine, please take the items from the bottom shelf first to avoid water from the upper frame falling on the bottom bracket.
2. Note when using the dishwasher properly
For the dishwasher to operate at its best, you should note the following points:
– You need to read the manufacturer’s instructions for specific items that you should not put in the dishwasher, such as:
+ Kitchen utensils and wooden utensils (these can crack when soaked in water during the washing process),
+Plastic utensils that are not heat-resistant, bottles with paper labels (they can come off and get stuck in the machine),
+ Non-stick pans, fragile items such as crystals, etc.
Would you please not use too much detergent because soap bubbles will overflow the machine, waste it, and affect health?
– Do not overload the machine. You need to leave room for the sprinkler system to spray the dishes vigorously; ensure the sprinkler arms can normally rotate without any obstructions.
– Turn the dirtiest side of the dish toward the spray unit, which is usually centered.
– When arranging utensils in the dishwasher, you should pay attention not to let stainless steel and silver items come into contact with each other, but you should place them in a separate tray. Because they can generate chemical reactions during the washing process, forming substances that are harmful to dishes and dishwashers. In addition, you also avoid keeping silver, and stainless steel items close together because they are easily scratched when they collide.
– To make the machine work efficiently and prolong the life of the device, you should regularly clean the dishwasher.
3. How to maintain the dishwasher?
– If you use the dishwasher, not by the recommendations, it may lead to unexpected results. In addition to using the machine for a long time, you also need to know to maintain and clean the dishwasher properly. Cleaning the dishwasher should be done periodically to eliminate harmful limescale deposits.
– Cleaning the dishwasher:
+ Surface of the machine: After a period of use, dust and leftover food will stick and accumulate. Therefore, you should clean them from time to time with soap or glass cleaner.
+ The filter mesh inside the machine compartment: This is where many bacteria accumulate, so you must not ignore this part when cleaning the dishwasher. You should pay attention to remove the filter mesh according to the user manual that comes with the machine; pay attention to the “stubborn” stains stuck in the mesh because they are difficult to clean. You can read our other article to learn more about how to clean the dishwasher filter.
+ The trays and compartments: This is the place in direct contact with your dishes. To clean the trays and cases, you can use soap, then dry with a soft cloth. In addition, you can use vinegar or lemon to both remove stains and create a pleasant fragrance.
Conclusion About How To Use And Maintain The Dishwasher?
With the steps to use and maintain the dishwasher, hopefully, it has helped you answer the question How to use and maintain the dishwasher? You’ve got more information on how to use your dishwasher effectively and safely. Please rest assured to choose a dishwasher for your family!